We admit students every year in January at various study levels that include; National Certificates, Advanced Certificates, Diploma level, and Short Courses. The admitted students report in the first week of march for their orientation which runs for a full week and the continuing students report 1 week after.
All the programs offered at Iganga Technical Institute are categorized into three i.e. Basic Training, Advanced Craft, and Non formal training. Programs under Basic Training take 2 years, those under Advanced Craft take 1 year and those under Non formal training take 3 month.
A minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or UNEB (Uganda National Examinations Board), UJTC Certificate part 1, or their equivalent is needed for formal courses (Basic training and Advanced Craft courses). There are no limits for non formal programs.
We conduct a continuous assessment throughout the year and the final marks constitutes the marks from tests, project work, industrial training, and the final marks from the UBTEB Exams.
our career-building courses
The following programs are available for Admission at Iganga Technical Institute and they can be broadly categorized into three; short/informal courses Advanced craft and the Basic courses
The following are the career-building courses offered at Iganga Technical Institute.
- National Certificate in Building Construction (NCBC)
- National Certificate in Automotive Mechanics (NCAM)
- National Certificate in Electrical Installation Systems and Maintenance (NCEM)
- National Certificate in Welding and Fabrication (NCWF)
- National Certificate in Plumbing (NCPL)
- National Certificate in Wood Work Technology (NCWWT)