The Application process for training programs (basic and advanced), takes place from December to February of every year while the admissions for non-formal programs are conducted throughout the year.
Applicants who would wish to join us for formal programs should have a minimum of UCE (Uganda Certificate of Education) or UNEB (Uganda National Examinations Board), UJTC Certificate part 1, or their equivalent respectively. There are no limits for non-formal courses
Iganga Technical Institute offers a number of programs ranging from the informal courses that run for 3 months to the advanced programs that go for 2 years.
You can pick the Admission form from our offices at Iganga Technical Institute located in CMS along Iganga – Jinja Highway 2km from Iganga town. For more information contact the Academic Registrar’s office on +25643423078 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The following programs are available for Admission at Iganga Technical Institute and they can be broadly categorized into three; short/informal courses Advanced craft and the Basic courses
The following are the career-building courses offered at Iganga Technical Institute.
- National Certificate in Building Construction (NCBC)
- National Certificate in Automotive Mechanics (NCAM)
- National Certificate in Electrical Installation Systems and Maintenance (NCEM)
- National Certificate in Welding and Fabrication (NCWF)
- National Certificate in Plumbing (NCPL)
- National Certificate in Wood Work Technology (NCWWT)